Old 11-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
silentshout

How Do You Identify?:
andro
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

silentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn View Post
I felt the same way for a long time, really until I started seeing women with children and it dawned on me by not coming out I was teaching them homophobia, they knew we weren't "just roommates" but the silence we practiced kept them silent about their lives as well. That was just my experience though.
Understandable. I'm sure my example isn't the best one for closeted youth, however I feel more at ease keeping it to myself. Once I come with a gf, then it's up to them to think what they want. Everyone has their own way, and some parents are more in tune to it than others.