Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh! I totally know what you mean about pie crust that is over worked to the point that it's like tough shoe leather or worse, similar to...ummmm.... concrete.

So glad you brought that up Anya because I realism now that I left out an important fact about making pie crust. While it's true that you need to work with the dough in light, quick strokes to form a dough ball....it's important too, though not over work the dough or try to form ball into a compact ball. It's important to Remember to lightly form and shape the ball....and to roll out the dough with the sane care: short quick strokes, not too much pressure, etc.

Also.... I double sift my flour. Presided flour is not enough. It needs to be sifted at least twice. It makes the flour easier to work with, increases the way it will rapidly accept the coconut oil and water.

Thanks for the compliment, Anya!

I am sorry to hear that you have to be careful with carbohydrates..... I think the way our bodies metabolize foods is a mystery to me. Hopefully you can indulge in chocolate. It's not a carb, right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I love and adore apple pie but I am a failure at pie crust. I always do something wrong and it is usually like shoe leather

My youngest daughter makes the lightest, flakiest crust. *Sigh*

Now I can't eat the carbs anyway so maybe it is for the best!

Your pie sounds awesome Kätzchen!!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote