Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,553 Times in 10,214 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Currently 1 out of 5 people tested randomly in NYC have coronavirus antibodies. 88% of people who go on ventilators in NYC die. Half of people who have shortness of breath as a symptom end up needing ventilators. NYC is thought to have a strain of COVID more similar to European countries than other parts of the U.S. and more fatal. Needless to say BB and I have been sealed inside our apartment for 5 weeks with no plans of setting foot outside our apartment building. It's hard to imagine that elsewhere, in other parts of the U.S., people are denying the virus can become a problem for them. NYC has turned into what feels more like a third-world country. People who can't care for themselves but aren't about to die are being discharged from hospitals to nursing homes and sent with a body bag, so everyone else in the nursing homes are dying but they don't know what to do with them. Up the street from me Central Park has turned into a tent hospital. Multiple notices come per week of people at my synagogue who have died of COVID. Greyingbutch was symptomatic for weeks and then died shortly after arriving at the hospital before any intervention could be attempted. Leftwritefemme died at the hospital within six days of having symptoms of COVID. I'm beyond words but wanted to check in and share. I feel more comfortable sharing with my community here than in larger social media settings. I'm grateful for all of you.
Thank you for sharing. I use your situation as a point of reference when ever I speak to anyone being careless. I see so much denial it's scary. Really, go to a beauty shop so you can be in close proximity of your hairdresser and everyone else she has seen during the day?

I think of you and your quarantine status often. I'm here for you💚💙💜😷

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: