Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #28
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have been so very fortunate to retain employment through these harsh economic times. However, I am making considerably less than I ever did prior to the economy downslide. It is difficult because my bills didn't decrease when salaries decreased and jobs became more scarce. I have had to cut back in all kinds of areas: shopping (I bargain shop for clothes if I'm able to do it at all), I have cut back on the extras such as online memberships, my gym membership, my blockbuster account, etc...

I don't eat out hardly at all anymore and if I do, it's a happy hour menu kind of thing once in a great while. I don't go to fundraisers anymore, I don't attend shows anymore, and the list goes on... I just don't have an entertainment budget anymore.

I am a Development professional for a nonprofit organization, which means i write grants to fund services, fundraising, etc...

I am in the process of looking for a higher paying position, but those just aren't out there and if they are, I am competing with people with even more experience than I, etc. It's difficult and it sucks, but I'm somehow managing to keep my head barely above water.

I have also had to put my student loans into forebearance status, I need a new car but can't justify the expense. Besides, my car is still running in spite of having over 150,000 miles on it.

I am not doing volunteer work anymore because I can't afford to do it - imagine that? I feel a need to focus my energy on taking care of myself first.. perhaps one day I will be able to have the luxuries I once did. I am however, researching the feasability of starting a new nonprofit organization within the next year or so. I have a fantastic idea to meet a huge and upcoming need in our community... so, stay tuned.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post: