View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #359
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
Thank you so much CCB for taking the time to share your experience with me. I appreciate you! I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief after reading your advice. I have been stuck on the starting line and I realized after reading your post that I was so worried about doing everything perfectly that it was putting me out of sync with myself. It also was creating fear around doing it at all.

A friend of mine had been sporadically teaching me and she emulated the exact way her Grandmother did things. I respect that, but not knowing her Grandmother it all became very abstract. Now I feel like I can be more playful and curious and find my own way with it. My friend gave me a deck that is not a "traditional deck" but I'm really drawn to the artwork and tone of the explanations. So here I begin, card 1 and a fresh new notebook. My heart is grateful!
I'm so glad I could be of help!!

Yes, some people's way of doing tarot is very precise and restrictive. If your friend's grandmother's way of doing things works for them, great. But I believe the best way of reading tarot is the path we discover for ourselves! Definitely feel free to play and experiment. I think you'll find the cards will play back.

Have fun on your new journey!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: