Old 01-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #5132
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Way to go, Gemme! Happy, happy! I'm a bit stuck in my weight loss but I'm doing good as long as I continue to exercise, don't gain any weight, and don't kill anyone. So far, so good.

But, burning calories? I thought you just held the thing and the snow blower did all the work. Hmmm.

Had a good cardio workout this morning on the bike with curls and arm rolls and am feeling good.

The calorie burn came from the hours of shoveling by hand that I did this morning. Enough so that my shoulders and arms have been crying since lunch time and my bracing hand has a friction abrasion on my palm. My fault for not wearing gloves but it was 30 degrees and I was hot. Every shovel full weighed an average of 5 lbs I'd say, plus lifting and chucking each shovel full of snow several hundred times each hour. Eventually, I was so tired, I was just pushing a path of snow and slush but after a few feet, that would get heavy too, so I had to brace the handle against my belly and drive it forward. That was another hundred times or so. Full body workout!

Don't worry; you'll get to do it too in Michigan. Maybe not for hours but shoveling heavy, wet snow is one helluva workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

It takes a bit of elbow grease when it comes to jostling a snow blower!
That's normally true. Sadly, I got a wee baby one that's really only good for light, fluffy snow on the sidewalks. I've been begging my boss for a snow blower for years now and now that my store has more freedom ordering things online, I opted to get something versus the nothing I had. He never would have approved for the one I wanted, which would have blasted through the whole property like nobody's business and was the size of a Pinto.

Instead, I got this. It came in a kit and I put it together! It's cute and pretty worthless on days like today. I spent more time cleaning the slush from the chute than I did running the thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: