How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I don't do long texting or face time, I might on very rare occasions that haven't presented themselves yet and for reasons I don't know of, but for now...NO.

As far as answering a persistent caller or taking a call when I am otherwise engaged, that will never happen.

The phone is supposed to be a convenience not an obligation I have to other people. The only person I am obligated to is my wife and for her I will walk through fire to answer her calls.

But as far as everybody else is concerned, my life is my own and I share it when I choose.

And just like I did with a land line, I will answer when I feel like it, return calls when I feel like it and turn the phone off whenever I want. Unless it's an emergency or a friend or family member needs me for some kind of support, I talk on my time.

I control how I spend my free time. Hopefully the time I choose to spend socializing will match with others, but I am not going to give up my time or inconvenience others at functions, movies, whatever, to take phone calls. It's just rude. It's rude to the people I am with and rude to the people forced through no fault of their own to share space with me.

I wish other people would stop talking everywhere out in public all the time. It's incredibly annoying to not even be able to take a piss in silence. I have to hear someone in the bathroom stall next to me having some ridiculous conversation.

I mean it's a sad state of affairs if people are so busy they can't go grocery shopping or out to eat or take a piss in a public restroom without talking on their cell phone. It's really weird and more than a little obsessive. I long for the days when only people suffering with a mental illness talked out loud everywhere in public. And for them I had great compassion. For people so obsessed with social media and staying connected they have lost all sense of public decorum, not so much.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: