Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I gonna start by saying; I don't like phones and I never have (unless I'm talking to someone I'm partnered with—then I like to talk.). But I miss the days when I could use a human answering service and have limited use of a phone. I do see the value in Smart Phontes, but I'm not really a fan. I often treat my phone like a land line. Sometimes I leave it at home or just turn it off .... I resent that we've come to rely on it as much as we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?
I don't use FaceTime. I have it turned off, but that may change.

Quote:
How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?
I don't like it and usually I don't answer those calls and texts.

Quote:
Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not?
Not really, I like the intimacy of voice conversations. I get a better sense of what you're saying and meaning in voice conversations. The voice conveys so much more than text. It's not as easy for me to capture emotions (warmth, happiness, sarcasm) in text. Text is cool for short thoughts, but I'd rather have a voice conversation for anything substantial.

Quote:
How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering?
I couldn't have that. I'd tell them to stop calling or I'd block them.

Quote:
How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event?
Doesn't bother me. I'll answer when I can or when I want to. I work with people who are very respectful of personal time off (PTO). Seldom do we contact each other when we're on vacation. I'd answer a call from one of them, but I'd do it at my convenience. And I'd answer a call from family or a loved one without hesitation.

Quote:
How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone?
I don't think people should call others after 8pm unless they have an understanding. But it really depends on the situation—8pm could be a terrible time for someone who works the midnight shift. I'd take it on a case-by-case basis.

Quote:
How do you feel about group texting?
I hate it but I think that's because I don't know how to use it and maybe my settings aren't right. I used to answer them, but then strangers would start asking who am I (!) and I'm thinkin' you texted me. Yeah, I don't even answer them anymore.

Quote:
Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette! I'd love to hear from you folks!
I never put people on hold for longer than 30-45 seconds, if that. Either I call them back or I give them my attention.

I think all calls—personal and work related—should be returned within 24 to 36 hours.

I would love it if people would state why they're calling in the beginning of the call (i.e., Hey girl, just calling to chat, or do you have time to discuss _________, just thought I'd call to check up on _________).
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: