Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I am really curious what folks think about texting and phone call etiquette.

Feel free to talk about whatever you want but I'm super curious about the following things:

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?

I don't face time but I prefer to have something set up in advance because my schedule rarely matches someone else's.

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?

I'm usually not available to talk during my work day so I just don't answer. My cell is always on vibrate anyway.

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not?

Not really. Too much is lost in translation and lack of body language and facial expressions.

How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering?

Stalker much? I'd feel a restraining order coming on.

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event?

If they know about these things and I've not expressed interest in talking during that time frame, then they go to voicemail. If they don't know that I'm otherwise occupied, they go to voicemail.

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone?

That depends on their personal schedule. What may be too early or late for me might be fine for them. I work during the day so super late or super early texting would not put you on my good side.

How do you feel about group texting?

I don't really do it but I've heard horror stories about personal drama coming out by accident because one doesn't know or realize that they are texting the group.

Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette! I'd love to hear from you folks!
Basically phone etiquette is similar. Don't call someone if you think it might not be appropriate and if you really don't have any times that you would consider inappropriate to call or text then you're 'that' person in the group and that's why some of your calls go to voicemail and some texts are just not answered. Use common sense, be respectful and limit any potentially disruptive psychosis.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: