Old 06-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #19
IrishAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Dancing in the sunshine and rain.

IrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

Phone and Text Etiquette - Your Opinion?
I am really curious what folks think about texting and phone call etiquette.

Feel free to talk about whatever you want but I'm super curious about the following things:

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?

Uhhg I know it was supper cool on The Jetsons, but even Jane had a mask for the purpose. I have some friends and family that are just taken with apps like snap chat and slide. This is bothersome and irritating to me just as much.

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?

When I was in an office or a clinic it was irritating, and I made sure they knew it was not okay. It was necessary on occasion for example when my step son has an allergic reaction because someone gave him a peanut butter cookie. he was fine after he got a dose, that poor girl though felt horrible.

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not?

This for me is my preference, I loved to talk all night as a girl, but as an adult I don't do so well with small talk. I get weird and don't know how to continue once I notice that their is not actual direction of conversation. This may also be why I lake the skill to flirt or drop hints.
I will also admit that I also like to take my time to think about my responses, The first inclination is to say what I am sure the other wants to hear, this way I say what I mean and as a Gemini sometimes that takes some sorting.

How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering?

Why would anyone submit them selves to this? Self respect?

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event?

If they are friend or family they are calling or texting when they have something to say or just want to reach out, which is fine I have the choice to respond or not. Again not a leash.
If it is work, WTF. No unless it was prearranged, I respect that we have a trade agreement and I honor that my time and effort is rented to them but this does not mean they own me.

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone?
Know your audience.

How do you feel about group texting?

Group texting is fine if it is a need to know, it was beneficial last November and December for my cousins and I to coordinate care for an aunt that lived hours away from any of us and her husband was just so lost. We were all able to cover the last two months of her life between sick and vacation. Or if you are collaboration a big family dinner or a night out as a group

Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette! I'd love to hear from you folks!

My Rant
For me to start with I have had people in the past that have tried to use my phone as a leash, I was early twenties when cell phones started to become the norm, I have always been an adult with one and will not be expected to check in like a teen. If I am not reaching out it is by design.
I have little regard for people who are so rude as to have what should be a private conversation in any public place, I don't mean the hi how are you type of calls i mean the personal conversation that you should be embarrassed by any Joe or Jane over hearing this is not cute and you are not all that with or with out that bag of chips.
If you can not end your phone call before you get to the cashier you should not be in line for them yet, walk another lap get off the phone, don't be rude and don't make other people wait on you like that, their time is just as valuable as yours.

IrishAmazon
IrishAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishAmazon For This Useful Post: