Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?By invitation only, the only exception is my granddaughter or my partner, other wise I will refuse and be super annoyed.

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?while I'm at work, I prefer a text, and I'll answer when I can, what I don't like is when someone texts and gets all pissy that I haven't responded as fast as they think I should have- happens more than once and I'll make a point of NOT being available during work hours. Only call if it is an emergency.

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not? I like them, for lighter topics but some things must be said either in person or at least verbally. Sensitive topics should always be verbally discussed as the feedback is required that comes from at least a verbal communication.

How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering? If you call once maybe twice and that's it, leave a message and I'll call you back, if your number is blocked, I will ignore your calls, and might check my messages if you leave one. Any more that 2 calls and something better either be on fire or someone near death or injured that requires my assistance. Any more than 2 - and I get a 'I just wanted to chat' I'll probably hang up and block your number. Worry me for a chat-- smh

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event? Again, I will answer when I can, but rest assured I will not interrupt the crowd for a phone call.

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone? It was hammered in my head as a child 9 .. Don't call or knock before 9 am -- don't knock or call after 9 pm. Bestie and my kids are the exception unless otherwise arranged. Emergencies are just that and if my phone rings after those hours, that is what I am expecting.

How do you feel about group texting?If it's for an event or to notify of important info ie: my moms heart attack, that's fine, I don't expect a personal just for me message-- for those like and share type things, i will remove myself and strongly give thought to blocking future like messages. Really annoys me.

Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette! I'd love to hear from you folks!
I will not talk on the phone while being served either in a drive thru or at a till. I think attention paid to the person serving you is mandatory and not negotiable. If the person I'm talking to can't respect that then I'll hang up and they can respect the heck out of the dial tone. I can't be rude to people in my space and talk in front of others, and there are some places the phone is not welcome - like public bathrooms.