Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yes, this is a great article. Young, blonde and thin and you are "tappable." Masculine female- no. Hah, that's one of my favorite butch advantages- that I don't get a lot of unwelcome attention from males. Other lesbian/queer females do not always have that same luxury.

We see here the same type of catty comments as with Cynthia Nixon's partner.

The article does a great job discussing how female appearance and sexuality is policed via heteronormative standards and the deep anxiety over female masculinity in our culture.

In the words of Rachel Maddow:

“I’m not Anchorbabe, and I’m never going to be. My goal is to do the physical appearance stuff in such a way that it is not comment-worthy.”

Sorry world, we are not your babes.
Thanks, Bully! Rachael RAWKS!

Did you catch her in a veil in Afghanistan for her special? Quite a nice swagger goin' on below that darn veil in her chinos! Loved it. Also was glad she respected customs- that had to be hard for her to dawn!!! I cracked up because it reminded me so of myself back when in prom gowns, etc. I always looked like I was in drag!

I really appreciate Maddow's presentation of female masculinity. It has to be hard at times with her show and bosses, etc. even with enlightenment- it is national TV media. Another time while watching her show, she got up and walked over to some prop. I also cracked-up then as below the usual kind of gender neutral tops, (probably discussed length prior to her show being aired), she wears, she had on her jeans and boots! Almost seemed like she had an extra twinkle in her eyes as she walked over.. and yup, the swagger!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote