Old 08-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This raises a question with me. I'm well aware of how social media and particularly facebook are now pretty much the default way that events, especially for sub-cultures, are promoted. I'm not on facebook nor am I comfortable with putting my real name out there to be snagged by random searches from distant relatives or old school acquaintances. Never mind the glaring security issues (as I see it).

I *think* I would enjoy participating in some of the groups I've seen mentioned on other sites and also to have better access to the local scene. My question then, since I've never been on it, is how do you go about setting up an alias? I was under the impression that an alias is somehow routed out or proof was required.

Yes, I live under a rock.
*lifts your rock*

Nope. No 'proof' needed. No one will come to your house for fingerprints or a head shot.

FB is just like any other site. Go to it and pick a 'screen name'. You control the information you put out there. Some people use their legal names and some do not. I would highly recommend you set your security features high if you have concerns of people you don't want to find you, finding you.

Prepare yourself for a LOT of game requests once you are 'noticed' though.

No matter how many times I block people.....they keep coming back with those damn requests. No doesn't mean no when it comes to that stuff.

Other than that, FB is decent. I don't go on it often though. I can't handle the time suck for two online 'homes'.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: