View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #74
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Hi everyone!

Some of you know that I am a high school math teacher.

I also teach robotics, and

This year, I'll be teaching Digital Electronics.

The training was intense, and

I expect that I will be challenged.

My contract year starts Mon, Aug 27 but

I have already been at school several days.

I am really looking forward to seeing the kids, and

I am hell bent on staying away from the usual drama.
I did not know that Chancie... looked like intense training. A challenge is good! Do you enjoy teaching in Mass? I'm new out east and find I struggle to fit in as a teacher in NH. Oddly enough I am going to try out some of the "methodology" they seem to like so much and see if it works for the kids. We'll see how it goes.

I also am looking to stay away from the usual drama. It doesn't serve the kids and causes my alcohol budget to bloom out of control. Which then affects the health care budget and so on it goes. Luckily several co workers I usually debrief with are also on the more positive and directly confront problems with open mindedness and possible solutions train this year as well. That should help oodles.

My contract starts Tuesday the 21st. Should be fun. I've been in for other trainings and independent work in my newly assigned space. I am anxious to get back in and getting my self organized further. I don't mind putting in extra time at the beginning. Once we officially start I'll be meeting with the sped team and then with classroom teachers about the kids in their classes and won't have a second to spare preparing for the students.

Last year was such chaos for me as a newbie to the building that I really don't want a repeat. The vice principal promises more clear communication this year. She is pretty earnest about it.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: