How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
gender fluidity is not the same as orientation fluidity. I am fluid in my orientation but thats a different thread. I just wanted to point it out tho.

Metro, I actually met someone that was fluid in their gender. It became part of her process to transition from male to female but for a portion of her journey, she was betwixt and between, neither/both. A movement of hers, a tone of her voice, even a dip of her face transformed an entirely different "clue". I say "clue" because people tried to figure her out. She was content in this state for a time but grew restless as the world around her changed and allow her further growth and evolution.

I use "her" because that is where she decided to go. She is who she is now...but at that time, she was distinctly "fluid" and at that moment, it wasnt just a passing thru. It was exactly who she was. She was not a flap that flip flopped. Oh no no no. God I remember looking into her eyes and feeling a "suck in" of my god core. In getting to know her, I realized what a spiritual being she was. (talking to her, you would know how spiritual she was) She wasnt a mix of genders. She was gendered, yet a fuller expression of what gender is, without having to claim one form or another. (I revisit my memory of her every now and then. She is one of my most favorite beings I have encountered this time on this earth.)

I immediately gravitated to her and she gravitated to me when we first met. We understood each other before we said a word. I was "with" someone at the time and felt very uncomfortable with the connection I had with her. I was also uncomfortable because she was obviously femme. I could not believe I was drawn to a feminine spirit, male/female. But had I not been with someone, I would have followed through with this connection. But because I was, I did not put myself in places where I would be near her. We kept a communication, tho distant. I no longer communicate with her. Life, you know...

I so love the fluidity of gender. I love the depth and magnitude it can be expressed within and beyond its social and genetic and spiritual "containers", which to me is the body,mind and soul, the sacred trilogy of human existance. She was the best expression I have met about this fluidity...
Heh, this just kind reminded me of a fall evening in a small bar on the shores of Superior some years back.

A young blonde women sitting at the bar eventually got up and moved to the stool beside me. I don't remember how she started the convo but she spent the next couple hours with this smiley perplexed goofy expression on her face while she question me about my sex/gender etc. "You're a guy", a moment passes "no, nope... you're definitely female"...then "oh MY gawddd I can't figure you out" (and right, I wasn't feeling like giving her answers).

At first it was a little itchy, but I wasn't offended. She was clearly happily fascinated and enjoyed my gender "presence" very much, though quite forward it was a positive reaction. Besides I was a little bored prior and found her quite nice and fairly entertaining so what's to be all aghast about.

Funny now looking back at the fact that she couldn't figure me was the irony that she sort of did.

Ok, I think I need some more coffee... slept late and I'm not quite awake yet...

Metro
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: