Old 11-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #75
FemmeWriter

How Do You Identify?:
Femme all the way, baby
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

FemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST ReputationFemmeWriter Has the BEST Reputation

This is a rough subject for me. I've always known myself to be monogomous, with no judgment held toward poly-anything. My sister is poly and it's nothing new or shocking to me. What consenting adults do is their business. Part of me even envied her the freedom.

But now I'm in a marriage where, thanks to fighting and emotional roller-coaster riding, our passion is pretty much nil. This is a problem that doesn't seem to be getting better and so we've opened the relationship, both to allow her an avenue to express her past needs to cheat (in prior relationships) and my need to not retire sexually at 37.

We love each other. We've promised super discretion--a tactic that has worked for friends for over a decade--and yet I'm mourning as if I've lost my relationship. My brain tells me that being poly is fine. But I can't get over that this isn't where I wanted to be at this point in my life.

I suppose I'll change my mind once I meet someone I'd be willing to be intimate with, but like I said, I have to mourn first, and THEN get on with my life.

So I appreciate all the advice here. It's given me a lot to think about.
FemmeWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FemmeWriter For This Useful Post: