sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
sylvie, it's so wonderful to read your journey here.

i've been struggling a lot the last few months and i started dbt therapy a couple of weeks ago which has been helping somewhat...i have someone to keep me accountable for eating and i'm learning more skills to help so i don't keep falling back down the rabbit hole. i also coordinated things between my therapist and my doctor so my doctor isn't constantly doing things to trigger me a lot. and i saw a nutritionist for the first time in a few years. (just briefly but it helped.)

i've definitely been feeling a bit raw and overemotional lately though. i hate the way things seem to go in circles for me when it comes to recovery. i get complacent and i forget how much i have to consciously be engaged in this process all the time and how much i need to protect my recovery practices, self-care, etc. i feel grateful that i have many more tools now than i used to, so when i am struggling it's easier to get back on track.
Hi aishah!
Sounds like you have some really great tools in place for yourself which is a positive indeed.. i , too, do therapy (which reminds me i need to rebook for therapy soon), a nutritionist and of course frequent visits with my doctor.. Along with meetings and my sponsor, everything seems to be going well.. It really takes a combination of so many things to even start getting myself to a healthy mindset, so if i am consistent about doing each of those things plus using my daily tools, i've been rocking some pretty strong days. But i can so relate to going in circles, it's like my brain shuts off the part that keeps me mindful about my recovery and what i need to keep myself safe, healthy and focused.. i definitely lose sight of all of that if i am not using all of my tools and keeping my appointments, etc..

Sometimes i do find it quite easy to get back on track as well, but sometimes, i find it extremely difficult.. Depends on the day, the situation, etc.

i am SO grateful that i have really been strong these last few weeks..
i have to say this is the longest time of being this consistent with my recovery - and i've also come to realize that there will be days we fall, but what counts is that we am getting back up and at this every single time..

How fantastic is that? Hugs to you aishah! So thankful for your post today!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: