View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #36
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default i have two pennies...

i saw this on the news at like 4am this morning on the telley. i have been reading this thread since yesterday early as well as the yahoo news story but hadn't heard it myself until then. the news reporters were commenting that dolly has come out [no pun there] in support of gay marriage herself on many occasions. it will be interesting to see this play out and just how public their [dollywood] apologies go.

the girl who wore the t-shirt and her partner were interviewed briefly and they handled themselves very well. they were respectful, articulate, polite and very honest seeming.

re: the spewed hatred and bigotry in the south, i think that's everywhere truly. not just the south. it's a ginormous issue that is finally getting the light and attention it deserves, and just the fact that national news carriers online and especially in the broadcast media are giving it that attention, screams volumes i think in how far we've really come as a community. we would not be having this same conversation [as horrible as it is] ten years ago when the words 'gay' and 'lesbian' were so dirty still. it's a slow and painful process this mainstreaming of an entire people, but it is happening... slowly and surely.