Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
GREAT thread idea.

My calling in life has changed over the years. When i was young it was to survive, i had no time to waste worrying about my calling. i had to put food on the table, that was my only calling. i took many *jobs* hussling and bussling to make ends meet.

When i started my career in banking it didn't fulfill that need i have to help others. i started volunteering. i worked at a home for teenage pregnancy and mothers. i worked with hospice. i worked at the Ronald McDonald house, Childrens hospital. Especially on holidays.

i ended up in New England after Katrina and went to work for a group home withe head injured folks. THAT was awesome. i felt like i was getting paid to volunteer. i wanted to do more, so i went to massage school learning bodywork and was able to work on them, bringing them some comfort. i was in heaven. i was with an alcholic partner and my personal life was in such turmoil i left New England and my dream behind. That was hard. VERY hard.

Now i am in Canada doing what i love again, bodywork. The health challenged, sick, cancer stricken, MS , car accident victims are who i work on. i'm in heaven again. i'm selfish, i have a need to feel good about what i do and i feed that need by doing just that. i am now in a teacher certification course where i can pass down what i know about bodywork and hopefully inspire others to get out there and touch someone!

My other calling? photography i've had a camera in my hand since i can remember. Soon i will be going out there to capture events for people and hopefully have fun doing it.
Wow so much has changed since 2012!

Well i am not longer doing my passion of bodywork, as my hands have pretty much given out. It’s an occupational hazard among bodyworkers.

i’ve discovered a new passion, which is officiating weddings in the LGBT community. i love doing them all, but legally binding two people and hearing each love story has been something i’ve been enjoying for a few years now. i also love marrying heterosexual couples, but my heart is in our community

My goal is to do this full time one day. It may take years but i can do it!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: