View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #59
lilapache

How Do You Identify?:
DONE

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,025 Posts
lilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyButch View Post
CB,

You have received some wonderful words of wisdom here, I stumbled across this thread and just had to comment. I am not a fan of labels, and yet our community thrives on them for whatever reason and to some degree I can understand it for if they hadn't been shown to me I may not have found my identity. The thing that is important is not how people define you, but how you define yourself as has been mentioned...I treat women the same way and it wasn't until I came to a site that displayed this dynamic that I realized I wasn't alone and that there was a name for "it". I struggled also with feeling that because I was "butch" I had to be the Rock of Gibraltar all the time, but it wasn't until I met the strongest yet most gentle femme that she taught me otherwise. It's all about people CB, it's about acceptance, it's about being who you are and the person who loves you realizing that you are a woman no matter how you identify and that all the emotional capacity you have is because you are the woman you are. I cry every time I watch Home Makeover Family Edition, that doesn't make me "femme", it makes me a person capable of feeling and I wouldn't change that for the world. So stand proudly, that you are a person who knows when to ask for help, because many don't and be true to yourself because no one else can be. The right person will recognize and accept you for the wonderful person and human being you are.

applauds applauds!!!