Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

June

I dont think people were refusing to continue to be engaged. I, personally, was exhausted LOL and had much new information to sift through.

I learned a lot yesterday about how the community has evolved over the years, and remember conversations I had with pioneers before me and how much easier I had it because of the fights they fought.

And, I remembered that we all hear things and speak from unique places and frames of reference that can change at any given moment i.e. am is something I am hearing being filtered thru my woman frame of reference or my lesbian frame or reference or my activist frame of reference or whatever. Communication is a very complex and intricate beast.

And I began seeing people here in a different light. Some who have rubbed me the wrong way in the past, I began to see with a different set of eyes.

Like you, I saw a lot of personal honesty being brought forth and a lot of respect being given for that honesty.

Evolution is a funny thing whether it be on a personal, societal, or worldwide basis. We go two steps forward, one back, on and on, over and over until we stop and look back and see how each step of the way brought us to the reality we have today and is leading us to create the reality of tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder, when I am sitting in the sunroom of the butch-femme-trans nursing home, what I will be seeing as the reality of the day and what the process of how we got there would look like.

Maybe this is a collective breath break while we mull the direction in which the conversation will proceed. I have faith that it will.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: