imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Other: I am a student

I work part time under the table in my area of study.

When I pass my boards I will be self employed. I'll have to pay rent for my biz, business licence, LTD license, malpractice insurance, college council fees, plus insure my hands, and pay my own holidays and sick days. If I am off more than a week I have to hire a Locum. I also have to hire an accountant familiar with this kind of practice, and pay a laywer for consultations over insurance companies issues and court requests.

And pay off my student loans of course.

But! I get to do a job I absolutely bloody love and I don't have a boss. I'm my boss. That's a big deal to me. After decades of shit management folk who micromanage and having to do things the way other people want it done (aside from when I did sex work, that was a brilliant aspect of that job, being the boss and telling people I didn't want to deal with to fuck off), I don't have to have someone breathing down my neck anymore. People thank me. People talk to me like I am a human person. Like I have a brain in my skull. They don't constantly interrupt me, talk over me, or ignore me. I feel valued and I LOVE my patients.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: