Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmewench View Post
I was so eloquent in my first version of this post. Then the ether ate it.

TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist) is to MtFs as incel (involuntarily celibate - men who can't find women willing to have sex with them) is to men. I don't owe anyone sex. To say that I do is to take away my right of self-determination.

And incels are talking online about getting what is owed to them - by force if necessary. This sounds remarkably similar to the group of MtFs who allegedly beat up the lesbian in the article. Give them what they want or they'll punish us. The first would be rape, and the second is battery. The amount of anger I felt reading that article stunned me.

Both reek to me of male privilege gone wrong. It's not the fact that the physical transition for the trans woman in the article isn't complete that ensures lesbians find her unattractive. It's the fact that anyone expects someone to have sex with them that makes them unattractive.

TERF is a term applied to us not adopted by us. And that slur doesn't effect me at all because it's not a descriptor of me. It does tell me all I would need to know about someone who uses the term.

I can't imagine living in a body which doesn't match my internal knowledge of my real self. It's not an excuse to belittle others or hurt others.

If I offended anyone with this post, please PM me. It was not my intent.
Thank you for this.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: