Old 12-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #46
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, I'm alone. Bobbi is in Canada - we couldn't afford to travel this year because we just laid out money for immigration lawyer and fees to the feds.
My family of origin is on the East Coast and I just started a new job not even a year ago.
I made some life changes that have required me to change where I go and who I hang with and that is all good.
So, I splurged and bought prime rib. I cooked have of it tonight and am home alone with my little dog, my bestest friend, watching Sons of Anarchy. I made some cookies for a co-workers husband who dropped off some free wood at my place up north. I started getting back into my artwork and that helps too.
Well, that's about it. I don't feel self-pity, but some things hurt sometimes. People who I thought were friends have their own set of priorities. I am not one to invite myself or go somewhere that I feel unwanted.
I will drive back up north for work on Sunday morning, drop off cookies, and make another quick stop on the way. Monday, I am joining co-workers for ice skating - I made cookies for the kids. So, even though things are way different and weird, I am doing okay.
I am grateful to be employed, have a wife who adores me, a roof over my head, new friends,and enough money to eat yummy food. Sometimes the loneliness is overwhelming, but it passes eventually.
Happy holidays everyone! If you are alone, that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach will pass.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post: