Old 11-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #5078
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Take two!

So, this afternoon, the owner of the gym called me and we chatted for a while. I like her and we have a lot in common so it was a pleasant talk. She's going to call the woman, who is the GF of the man she came in with, but said that she's been warned before.

Apparently, some of the other franchises aren't requiring masks, which is breaking a state mandate, and the users are getting away with murder. Maybe literally.

Our official "pause" begins in a few minutes and carries through 2 full weeks in an effort to curb testing spikes after Thanksgiving and to reduce the likelihood of another shut down.

Given that it's going to be two weeks until I can get into the gym again (unless I pay a month's fee for one 30 minute training session, which is allowed as long as it's one on one and the gym is cleaned before and after each person...and mama ain't gonna do that), I opted to have a second workout tonight. I went around 9pm and did the same amount of time as I did this morning on the elliptical. No rebounder this time. I was alone for the first half of the workout but then a few people came in so I just left after it was done.

A long time ago, I read that exercisers perform better in the evenings than in the mornings. I've never liked working out at night and kind of poo poo'ed that study but sure enough....my two workouts today prove it to be right.

Tonight's workout: 384 calories burned, 3.13 miles, 45 minutes and an average pace of 14.22. All of this even with a less satisfying and enjoyable music experience. They must change the style of music according to when it is during the day because this morning was hyped up club and dance music and this evening was Top 40 kind of stuff that I wasn't jamming to at all.

Weird.

Anyway, it could be that I had more sustenance in me at day's end. In the morning, I just had a banana with a schmear of reduced fat peanut butter. I'm going to go with that theory for now.

All in all, my pedometer says I went 23,531 steps today minus my shower time, when I don't wear the pedometer, and any side or backward movements, which are not logged. According to the pedometer, I have gone 7.42 miles today and have burned approximately 1494.1 calories in addition to those that are automatically burned for just existing. I'm happy with this. I think this is my largest number of steps to date. The follow up was election night. I think I got 22,000 and change. I'll have to double check to see but I'm not walking in the next 5 minutes so my figure for today stands.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: