Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #34
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Belle and Freyja...thanks for joining in.

I've done a little reading about buckwheat and it sounds like a wonderful thing to add to the diet. I do love buckwheat pancakes, but would have to learn a bit more about what to do with it.

Freyja...I was hypoglycemic as a kid, and know of several other diabetics who started out that way. It's good to learn and make as many adjustments as you can now...and no doubt it would help you feel better as well. I can remember feeling sick and nauseous even as a kid when my blood sugar would fall...wish I knew then what that really meant for the long term.

For my friends with a sweet tooth, I wanted to give you a heads up about a treat that I've found my body can handle. I love ice cream, so giving that up is a struggle for me. Breyer's has come out with a line called Smooth & Dreamy. They've got several flavors. I got the strawberry...and found them to be really nice creamy strawberry ice cream with a strawberry swirl, dipped in just enough chocolate to feel like it got dipped.

The good part is that each bar is just 120 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, and 13 grams of total sugar. I can eat one and not spike. This makes me happy.