View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #86
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I've never had Kombucha (but certainly know of it), but your story reminded me of a natural health trend that I had a bad reaction to many years ago which was goji berries! I started having them every morning and getting bad stomach cramping, and it took me awhile to figure out that it was the goji berries! Then recently I took iron supplements because I had my iron tested as part of my physical and it came out low, so I thought I could correct it with supplements. I never knew how dangerous it is to get too much iron until the excess supplements made my level too high, and I got quite sick for a long time. Health is a complicated beast!
I once had a client who tried to convince me that Goji berries was helping her to lose weight (It was a major ingredient in some health care scheme business, she was involved in), but she had a massive rash all over her face and down her arms. She was experiencing a distressing health reaction to the Goji berries, but it never occurred to her that eating them was causing her allergic reaction. She eventually ended up in the hospital. Weeks later when I saw her, she told me how it scared her so much and that it was like a wake-up call, like placing a reality check on her situation.

I have to say, had I not ended up in the hospital due to the allergic reaction to Kombucha, I would not have believed it could make me so sick.

I'm really glad you've recovered from the iron supplement thing. I was worried for you, due to stuff like that happening to me too.

You're so right tho, health is a complicated beast!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: