Old 07-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #90
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Hi there,

I cannot advocate any Kombucha product (home made or commercially made) because I had an allergic reaction to it, which landed me in the hospital.

I know it's branded as a health product that is saturated with probiotic potential, but there isn't any way I'd ever advocate utilizing this type of food product for any way to improve ones health. It didn't improve mine, at all.

My doctor explained further to me, once I recovered and followed up by seeing her after being hospitalized, that Kombucha is primarily made from fermented yeast, sugar and it basically not a stable product to consume for health purposes. I've even done my own random research about this type of health drink and it's got mixed reviews not only by consumers who have used it, but also by the medical community (western based or naturopath based practitioners) who are highly reluctant to put any official seal of approval on it because side effects can range from severe reactions to basically harmless but with no real way to measure toxic side effects among humans who consume this so-called health product.

I appreciate the post you made, but consuming Kombucha will not be something I ever consume -- for my own health.

Thanks again for your post,

K.
I'm so sorry you had that reaction Kätzchen. It must have been pretty scary. I wonder if you are sensitive to other fermented products?

I know that Kombucha is a very ancient drink, and that I liked it. Beyond that I can't defend it's benefits. Mere intrigue especially with the herbal additions. It seems like making a magic potion and that makes my witchy side tingle.

It is interesting how we all react differently to different foods. Myself I'm allergic to eggs, and wheat, along with many beans. I don't do great with grains. It really takes a chunk out of food choices. I seem to do best with a Paleo-ish diet. I do poorly on a vegetarian-diet which I tried and tried for years. Grains and beans, are yummy but not for my tummy.

Here's to our health and knowing what our particular bodies want and need! May it be easy
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: