View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,030 Times in 9,961 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Wandering the ethernet universe I came across a quote, excepted from the book, which epitomizes a strand of Zen philosophy that brings a particular peace to me:

Let My People Go Surfing
by Yvon Chouinard (founder and owner of Patagonia, Inc).

"Suddenly the room went quiet except for the sucking-through-the-teeth sound the Japanese make to indicate shock or pleasure. A young fellow had made a grand entrance wearing an old Patagonia jacket. Everyone in that room knew that the jacket was a 1979 Borgalite pile and that he had paid a fortune for it. The Patagonia label is evocative and highly valued in the market place. But we don't use it as a crutch for mediocre design. A product independent of the label should stand on its own merits and not rely on the label to "carry" it. The product must be intrinsically valuable in its own right. A Patagonia product should be identifiable even from a distance by the quality of workmanship and attention to detail. The Zen master would say a true Patagonia product doesn't need any label," -- Yvon Chouinard

Here's a link to read more about Chouinard's life and business mindset (Link)

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: