How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
I think for the most part, it is easier to be a masculinely presenting woman than it is a femininely presenting man.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Who can really measure such things. I know that feminine men are despised. I know that masculine women are despised. I think if we are talking "for the most part" masculine women are persona non grata. You can find much loved feminine male characters on TV or in the movies. Not so much for masculine women. I can't think of one really. Lesbian sure, but a masculine woman? Never seen it happen (with one exception being perhaps Lea Delaria.) Masculinity is heavily policed so masculine women are not easily tolerated. I'm not saying feminine men have it easy. I am just responding to the idea that feminine men have a more difficult time with society as a whole/in general than masculine women. Check the earning potential of a feminine man next to a masculine woman. At then end of the day, a butch woman is still a woman and is valued by a patriarchal society accordingly. And a woman seen as trying to break into the masculinity club (even though that is not what butch is about, it is just how it is interpreted by a binary gender obsessed society,) is about as welcome as a woman trying to get ahead in a field protected by the old boys club or even the young boys club (see gamergate).
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: