How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

And for same sex marriage to have any benefit for me personally it has to be federal. Yet I see each victory in each state as a stepping stone.

Maybe it is to some degree an age thing. I've seen so much change that I never even imagined I would that I probably don't have the same kinds of expectations as someone from a generation that grew up hearing queer and rights in the same sentence. I think the shape of the hate and prejudice you experience twists your expectations. When I was a teenager I thought it was a great weekend if I escaped getting the shit kicked out of me at some bar by some fun loving dudes who thought it was a big joke to call me little man and play hacky sack with my head. Not that stuff like that still doesn't happen it's just a bit of a different climate today. I never imagined I would get to marry the woman I loved. I want my basic human and civil rights too, but I'm prepared for it not to be an express ride.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: