View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #588
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
*snipped a bit*

I thought I would put in my .02 on fit. I just found this a couple of days ago and it really works:

I like using the disposables instead of washing, I know a new one is clean.. With the better fit I feel better about these indoors.
Oh thanks that works really great! I was worried because I'm down to one disposable and didn't want to mess it up but I'm not going out before I see family again and I do have a really uncomfortable suffocating washable one to use as back up so gave it a shot. To my surprise it works perfectly. I worried it would make the mask too tight, hurt my ears but now that it's not slipping around I can see the pain/discomfort before was more about it moving around and tugging at my ears than the mask being too tight.

What's really nice I've got a good seal now. Before I had of course the gaping open sides but because things were sliding and shifting around all the time the metal nose piece wasn't helping keep the mask in place at all creating gaps up there too. Now my mask stays in place and when I pinch the nose piece it feels comfortable and actually does its job. Also the mask is pleated and now that it's staying in place I'm able to pull it out a bit in the front away from my face without creating even larger gaps on the sides.

Not having it flat against my face and tugging at my ears makes it easier to breath in, exhale. I can even move my mouth around, speak freely, yawn without losing a good fit, having it slide all over. With the tiny bit of gap still on the sides I'm not suffocating am actually very comfortable. Before I couldn't see how I could wear one of these during a regular work day but I can see myself doing this comfortably for an 8-10 hour shift. Now working 12s or pulling a doubles I don't know about that but still huge improvement!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: