Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #35
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Also, I'd like to think that if someone asked an opinion on someone else from that person's ex-partner that they would have the common sense to treat these views with an appropriate level of caution given that, as an ex-partner, their viewpoint will potentially be rather biased and slanted.
I think this is an important distinction. I would never ask an ex-partner for a perspective...too many other things can be at play.

Also...it's perfectly possible for two good people to bring out the worst in each other. Any feedback from that ex-partner is going to be tainted by that experience.

So....I would also never give an opinion about an ex-partner of mine either. Someone who brought out the worst in me may bring out the best in someone else....and should be given that chance without interference.

If I'm asking for input, it's going to be from someone who has known that person, in real life, for an extended period of time....someone whose judgment I trust....and someone who has not been romantically involved with them.