View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femm_cb View Post
Hi moms and dads!

I could really use your advice on something. I hope I am making more of this than what needs to be. But you tell me what you think.

While out at a locale restaurant celebrating my daughters birthday, there was a table of about 6-8 highschool senior girls (my daughter will be a senior next year) and a male teacher with them. He was the only teacher at the table full of highschool girls? As a parent, I found it highly inappropriate that a male teacher would be out socially with a group of girls. My daughter was like "Oh yeah, that's part of the choir group and those are his favorites" As if it were no big deal. (I would also feel the same if it were male students and a female teacher)

Part of me wants to call the school and complain. I am in NO WAY accusing this male teacher of doing anything immoral as I have no proof. However, if it were a school function, shouldn't more teachers/parents have been in attendance? I would think so? Should teachers/students interact outside of school socially?

Should I call her school and voice my concern? Or am I overreacting - like normal?

That's a hard one. I am a teacher but my students aren't capable of socializing with me outside of school without a parent being there too. HOWEVER, if this was a group thing of seniors and not 1 teacher and 1 student I'd be inclined to shrug and think it was a nice gesture. I am a Pollyanna like that though and am apt not to think worst case scenario. I wouldn't worry if I was you. Just my gut feeling.
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post: