Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, gonna put my two bucks in.......

If it were ME, I would call the school board and ask what the policy is regarding teachers socializing outside of school with students. Asking for information without discussing WHY you want the info will surely not upset any apple carts. Just use your "I was just wondering..." voice. There must be a written policy somewhere. Maybe your PTA has a copy of the regs? Hey, what about the schools website?

MY thoughts are that singling out "a select few" students to a "perhaps NON-school sanctioned function" is sending a blatant message of favoritism to students whom are not selected to an "outing with Teacher".

Young people are sometimes impacted adversely when shunned publicly or within the confines of school activities.

If it is meant to show appreciation, then it would come across more sincerely IMO if the ENTIRE choir is giving special treatment for their participation. Parents might be thrilled to see their children honored for being part of a group that brings out the best in our children.

Perhaps BKisbutchenuff can help you with this situation. BK works in this field, BK's opinion might help you to make a more informed decision.

Thanks for reading.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: