Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #45
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Part of the Day2 summary from Rick Jacobs ( who has been blogging the proceedings)

" This time, in this trial of homosexuality and of America, we have the best conservative legal advocate in the nation on our side along with arguably the best advocacy team in Olson, Boutros, Boies and Stewart, among others. And they are backed up by decades of hard work from Jenny Pizer and so many other brilliant advocates in the LGBT community. This time, though, it’s not the gays stirring it up; it’s the establishment demanding equality for all of America."

Do you think the trial will discuss the economic discrimination as well as the social aspects? It seems thus far to be mostly based on social issues. Marriage would afford same sex couples equal insurance coverage instead of the scant and unequal plans available today. Not to mention our spouses could receive social security benefits whereas now, the go right back into the pot since we aren't married.

I am very grateful to Rick Jacobs for being there and sharing this process with us!

I am also honestly a little surprised that more attention and support hasn't been obvious here. I wonder why.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote