How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Call me crazy, but it seems such a simple thing to remove some extra skin around your knee when they are already removing significant amounts of bone. Kind of redundant to do two surgeries for it.

CRAP!! Docs (and medical people in general), are always dangling something in front of you that you really want or need, and then saying "BUT, you have to do this first." So sorry, my friend. But you are pretty resourceful, and will probably soon have it figured out.

On another topic completely, Mr. Chef, do you have any good recipes for Shrimp, rice, and fruit (what I have available is canned pineapple, and fresh apples and oranges.) Here is something I put together on paper yesterday after reading many other recipes.

Shrimp rice and fruit delight
1 cup peeled deveined shrimp
2 TB butter
1/4 cup green onions
1/4 cup yellow onions
1 egg
1/4 Tsp chili seeds (like you shake on pizza)
1/4 Tsp garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup orange sections
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup coconut (optional)
1/2 cup almonds or pecans for topping (what I have available is pecans)

In a tablespoon of butter, saute shrimp and green onions, till shrimp is browned and onion caramelized. Add spices and toss with shrimp. Whip egg till fluffy. Push saute mixture off to side of pan, add remaining butter, pour in whipped egg, stirring constantly till cooked and broken into small chunks. Add rice, oranges, and pineapple. Add as much of fruit juices as you desire to achieve the consistency you desire. Mix well and heat to boiling. remove from heat, add coconut and stir well again. Place in serving dish and sprinkle nuts over top.

Does it sound like it will taste good? I am going for a very light fruit taste, not real sugary. I want to serve it hot as a starch instead of potatoes, rather than as a salad. A big question I have is this. Should I use more butter and throw uncooked rice in with the shrimp while it is sautéing and brown in up a little? Then add fruit juice and/or water to cook the rice the rest of the way. You generally get more flavor that way, but will the shrimp taste get too strong if I do it that way? Will it overwhelm the fruit taste? OR should I cook the rice separately and then add it in at the end like I've described above?

If you have any better ideas, lay 'em on me ... and thanks.

PS. I still use that recipe you gave me for putting peaches under the skin of a turkey before you cook it. I have gotten lots of compliments on it.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote