View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #189
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Call me crazy, but it seems such a simple thing to remove some extra skin around your knee when they are already removing significant amounts of bone. Kind of redundant to do two surgeries for it.

CRAP!! Docs (and medical people in general), are always dangling something in front of you that you really want or need, and then saying "BUT, you have to do this first." So sorry, my friend. But you are pretty resourceful, and will probably soon have it figured out.

On another topic completely, Mr. Chef, do you have any good recipes for Shrimp, rice, and fruit (what I have available is canned pineapple, and fresh apples and oranges.) Here is something I put together on paper yesterday after reading many other recipes.

Shrimp rice and fruit delight
1 cup peeled deveined shrimp
2 TB butter
1/4 cup green onions
1/4 cup yellow onions
1 egg
1/4 Tsp chili seeds (like you shake on pizza)
1/4 Tsp garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup orange sections
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup coconut (optional)
1/2 cup almonds or pecans for topping (what I have available is pecans)

In a tablespoon of butter, saute shrimp and green onions, till shrimp is browned and onion caramelized. Add spices and toss with shrimp. Whip egg till fluffy. Push saute mixture off to side of pan, add remaining butter, pour in whipped egg, stirring constantly till cooked and broken into small chunks. Add rice, oranges, and pineapple. Add as much of fruit juices as you desire to achieve the consistency you desire. Mix well and heat to boiling. remove from heat, add coconut and stir well again. Place in serving dish and sprinkle nuts over top.

Does it sound like it will taste good? I am going for a very light fruit taste, not real sugary. I want to serve it hot as a starch instead of potatoes, rather than as a salad. A big question I have is this. Should I use more butter and throw uncooked rice in with the shrimp while it is sautéing and brown in up a little? Then add fruit juice and/or water to cook the rice the rest of the way. You generally get more flavor that way, but will the shrimp taste get too strong if I do it that way? Will it overwhelm the fruit taste? OR should I cook the rice separately and then add it in at the end like I've described above?

If you have any better ideas, lay 'em on me ... and thanks.

PS. I still use that recipe you gave me for putting peaches under the skin of a turkey before you cook it. I have gotten lots of compliments on it.

Smooches,
Keri

I would say that recipe sounds pretty good to me, just keep the sweet taste a bit lite as you always can add more. I will give it a try at home this week as it sounds to good not to give it a try.
Doctors are a crap shoot, I am loosing my respect for them quickly, I grew up with Doctors that at least made an effort to help instead of hear it is take it or leave it. Out of all the Doctors I am seeing only two have been trying to help , the res have been rude ass holes. My cousin said it's because of so many rules and regs that there hands are tied on what they can do. She works at a hospital and said for me to get with the paitent advocate at my hospital as well as university health to see about what they can do, there is something called care credit that is put together by Doctors to help people who need help.
Most of today I have floated around on meds but I would rather not spend the day wasting time sleeping so much. Yesterday I found something aspercream
rub that has Lidocain 4% pain releaver in it. I checked with my pharmacy to make sure it wouldn't clash with my meds, it wont so I used it and it dose help.
Sorry about my spelling... the meds are at it again. Oh, I will check mu=y cook books and let you know which will help the best.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote