View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #1635
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
More change will come with time. As you said, we have experienced an enormous amount of progress in our lifetimes. Take that progress and run with it. So sorry Kasey gets treated badly. I hate that. African Americans still fight for there freedoms every day, and I think our people will as well. For a long time. Hell we are fighting again for birth control. Who woulda thunk?

You ARE a formidable woman MsT. You are one of the fighters that moves us forward. Thank you so much for that. We need you badly as a people.

What I want most for you, though, is happiness. You are one of those lucky folk who have found the right person to go through life with. I know you know what a blessing that is.

At the last two pride events I attended, Tampa in March and St Pete this past week-end there were especially virulent "Christians" spewing their hatred. With megaphones.

Before the killings in Orlando, I pretty much just let it roll off. But now I want it stopped. I want the police to make them leave. I do not see their speech as being constitutionally protected speech. I see it as hate speech, even as inciting to riot. Hate speech
leads to hate acts. My heart is too raw to listen to these haters misquote Jesus and use the bible as justification for their acts. Where is their joy? Do they actually take joy in attacking us? If they would work to bring a little joy into their own lives, perhaps there would be less room for their self righteous anger.

Joy is what I wish for you and Kasey. One of my favorite old sayings is "Living well is the best revenge." You and Kasey are living well. There is probably way more joy in your lives that in the lives of those who stand against you.

Many
Blessings

Smooches,
Keri
I am sorry that the haters tried to spoil Pride for our community...as a Christian I find it so hard to understand why they feel the need to act the way they do.

The "laws" of the old testament were put in place to show the believers of God the way to heaven. But....things don't work out so well when people have to follow laws. Human beings then chose people (Priests) to tell them how to be better with God than their neighbors...and thus Priests added MORE rules and regulations until everything was so bad God sent Jesus.

Jesus said to his followers I have two commandments for you:

Love your God above all others with your whole heart.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

In Matthew 7 (new testament) God then says "Judge not" (ok so I paraphrased that one lol). Meaning that God will be our only Judge upon our death, and if you need any guidelines look to the two things Jesus left us with.

We believers are saved by Gods grace, there is nothing else we have to do, no acts, no rules, not even religion.

That's it. Simple, or at least it should be.......

Because people are human beings, there will always be an urge in us all to be the best, to do it better than our neighbor, to be more righteous....well you get the picture. Every day I pray to be kinder, to not be quick to anger, to let the hatred of others roll off of my back.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: