View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #37
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Please share your Transportation Security Administration (TSA) experiences here. Be sure to denote if you are referring to before or after the “enhanced” pat downs began in November 2010.

I have not flown for over a year now and I find I am dreading any interaction with the TSA screeners due to the multitude of recent negative reports. I really want to know I am over reacting so my honey and I can fly away to some place warm for a week or so.

As much as I would love to know how everyone feels about the TSA, it would be my preference to hear from only those that have experienced TSA security. Thank you for your consideration.

Please tell me your experience(s) and be sure to include:

1) What airport you flew out of
2) Did you go through a metal detector or the backscatter
3) Did you alarm or opt out
4) Describe your pat down experience, if any
5) Describe the experience of anyone traveling with you or to visit you
6) State how you feel about the TSA and Homeland Security
7) Anything else you feel is pertinent

Over the past 10 years I have have gone through allot of air ports and find each time an experience all in itself.

I have been through metal detectors, been pat down, gone through the puff machine (they have you stand there and it puffs air at you from every angle and detects if you are carrying a dangerous chemical substance), I have been through the x-ray and I have had my bags gone through. I must look like a devious character because I get selected almost every time I fly (or it's just shit luck). I do find that if I fly through the same airport often the TSA folks get to know me and I get through much faster.

I have never set off any alarms..I tend to know what needs to be done to ensure I don't set them off. I don't carry anything that will cause issue. I have found if I can that mailing certain things ahead of time (liquid vits, medications, etc) make it easier for me.

My pat down experience always depends on my own mood really...which tends to directly relate to the look on the TSA person face that is patting me down (I've been known to be a tad cocky depending on the look I get)

I tend to travel alone

I have no issue with them when it comes to most things, but do think that they could handle certain private items better. I have witnessed others be embarrassed because they had certain things in a carry on or in their checked bags (some airports require you to stand there while they x-ray your checked bags). I have had a couples experiences in my life time with same issues..but my wit tends to embarrass them more when they have attempted such things with me.

Honestly, what they do doesn't really make me feel safer than I did before 9/11. Why? because they still allow things on the flight that can easily kill people...only takes 1 pen or pencil, and I can bring on as many as I like
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote