View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #1627
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I read an interesting article this morning...most (51 of 54) Registers of Deeds (the persons issuing marriage licenses) surveyed, have said they are not in favor of Bill 2, and will continue to issue marriage licenses to those legally able to receive them (same-sex included should SCOTUS rule so), without issue.

It appears the passing of the law is an effort to pacify the religious conservatives of the state, but will have no real effect. Well, when i say that i am not taking into account what we as a community feel when laws are passed to attempt to keep us "less than", i just mean in our day to day lives.

The House will attempt to override the veto tonight...they are waiting until they have enough members in attendance to met the number they need.

* interesting note: North Carolina has it as part of proceedure, that an override
must be done immediately...but the legislature (republicans) have held a vote off for months before to insure they can achieve their goal.
14 of 54 registers of deeds have claimed the religious exemptiom recently passed, and have written a letter to the Governor asking to be excused from issuing licenses or performing marriages for same-sex couples.

Asshats
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: