View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Sylvie,

Get rid of that doctor.

What type of insurance do you have?

There is usually a phone number on the back of your insurance card and you can speak to a representative and ask them to suggest a doctor within your network and your location.

Secondly, there was a lot of controversy about the age when to get a mammogram. I had my first one at 17 because there was a lump under my arm. Thankfully it was benign. People thought that was insane and too young to have one done. However, breast cancer runs in my family and I'm susceptible to lumps, fibroids, etc. So, I would go regularly. For the last 2 years, I would have to have mammograms and ultrasounds every 6 months (if you can believe that) because of what appeared to be abnormal findings. Just this past year, I was told having them done annually is now sufficient enough.

You need to be your own advocate and sometimes doctors with these particular so-called bedside manners are somewhat of a red flag. You need to be comfortable with your doctors.

Let me know how you make out if you're able to find another doctor an again, the type of health insurance you have.

I usually do my own research when I get a doctor referral and check their credentials. I check to see if they've had malpractice suits, etc.

Good Luck and let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i hear a lot of different ages from people, my doctor doesn't seem too worried about my starting to get them regularly.. what worries me with her though is she isn't a doctor that seems completely interested in what she does.. you make an appt and she's rushing you out for the next person to get in.. (no new doctor openings for awhile now lol)

so if i told her i wanted to go for one, she'd help arrange that but, she'll never suggest , sadly..so just curious..what age did you all starting getting them regularly, and how regularly do you get it done.. it's not something that's in my family, however, would still be good to do i'm sure.. i always do checks on myself, of course.. i have for a few years now..felt something suspicious twice now, but hasn't been anything to worry about (my doctor says, lol)

i'm 37 years old , will be 38 in feb.. so just curious when do you start getting it checked regularly and how regularly.. ?♥
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post: