Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I love books, but can't get on with the electronic readers I've seen so far. I just do not like the user interfaces. Physical books work better for me - though I do see the utility of ebooks in space-saving. I only do any research online because unfortunately it's nigh on unavoidable these days.

I do wish I had a better memory, and could better remember the details of books I've read though. The plus side is that if it's a very long time between reading a book and re-reading it, quite often I'll notice things that I didn't first time around, which can be fun, interesting, and occasionally surprising (can't remember which book it was now, but I do know that I got a quite different story from one book on re-reading it than I did the first time I read it!).

I'm currently reading "Crash into you" by Diana Morland - a roller derby lesbian romance. So far, so good! Generally I like reading about the sciences, science fiction, historical fiction and comedy. I don't think my love of books necessarily makes me more interesting, it's just a side effect of my curiosity, geek streak, and having had large amounts of time to kill at times

Characters and situations in books do live for me - I get lost in them - I can see the worlds of "Known Space" by Larry Niven so clearly, and Darkover by MZB, and Napoleonic times in a history I just re-read as if there. But I'm not terribly knowledgable about literature - it informs me, entertains me, occasionally sparks new ideas, that's about it for me, I'm not terribly scholarly about 'em. :-}

Oh, and that 'Hysterical Literature' link earlier - I think Gemme was right, that young lady may not have been alone in the room! 8-} (chuckle)

Last edited by Esme nha Maire; 01-03-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo correction
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote