View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #92
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,241 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I have a story to share because dammit I want to tell someone...

Every day I allow my 5th grade class to run a "news show". It includes a weather report, local news report, world news, and natural disaster updates (I am a science teacher after all). For Women's history month I gave my reporters the task of reporting on Women in history. They reported on Maya Angelou, Jane Austin, Sally Ride, Rosa Parks, etc. My students enjoyed hearing the daily reports. Yesterday, the last day of school before Spring Break, we are just about ready to start the news when I get an email that I have no choice but to respond to right away. I tell them to begin the news while I send the email and that I would be listening. I am completely caught up in this email when I here the voice of one of my reporters say "Ms. Copeland is my Science teacher and she is an influential women of today." My jaw drops and I can feel myself get choked up. I held it together, but sat there and listened as my student read a report she wrote on my life. You really never know who you are influencing. My heart was happy all day.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post: