purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I water, thank Goodness. Every once in awhile, I attempt to drink some of those sugar-free water flavorings, but more often than not, they mess with my stomach and give me wicked cramping.

Do any of you track your food/calories on www.thedailyplate.com? It's pretty cool and I find it so much easier to keep track of every teensy little calorie. I need to get back to eating better and exercising more. Every day I try to do a little better. Like PapaC says: Three steps forward and a few steps back.

Cheers!

cara

Thanks for this link cara. I just signed up and I love it. I took the "eat more fruits and veggies" dare.

I quit eating all meat except for fish in December and I hope to remove fish from my diet in the coming months. I’ve flirted with vegetarianism off and on for years, but 2010 is the year it becomes a permanent lifestyle for me! I’ve been trying to do it right this time and not just live off of bread, potatoes and sweets. So, I’m learning to use fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Even though it’s been only a few weeks, I can see a difference in my energy level and my skin. I love it!

Eating this way definitely takes a lot more time and preparation. To make sure I don’t have a lot of produce going bad, I’m making trips to the store several times a week now. And I have to actually prepare a meal instead of just picking up fast food on my way home from a long day. The pull of “quick and easy” is the hardest urge for me to fight at the moment.

I like the “You Are What You Eat” books by Gillian McKeith. You can also see the show by the same name on BBC America.

I need to get back to the gym; it’s been too long. It seemed like I was always too tired after work before. But, hopefully, this increased energy will help me get back on track! It’s great to have a group to support the positive changes we are all making.