SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

I've come full circle in my religious (and now happily NOT religious) beliefs, and I don't believe in the concept of heaven or hell the way Christianity would have me buy into it. I am a born again agnostic and I can't help but think that belief in a religious afterlife keeps one from fully living in the here and now. I hear people all the time say not to focus on their "worldly life" and to remain focused on the afterlife... that just doesn't sit well with me. What if they're wrong? What if you deny yourself all your life, and live life the way some book or preacher tells you to, only to get to the end and there be nothing? If I'm wrong, I will have lived one hell of a full, fun life - and have lived it the way I choose, doing what makes me happy & complete.. and I'll take whatever comes in the end. I still feel better about my option. I am a positive person, I try to do for others, live a good life, I am a good parent, husband, friend... I am a decent person. So if I'm wrong, I can look back on my life and know that I left love behind.
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post: