View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #79
Daktari

Hey there Linus. I've had this problem for a while now but it's getting worse and is making the site almost unbearable to use.

In Firefox, Safari or Chrome (all current versions), after I've been logged in a short time the site gets slower and slower taking minutes to load one page if it loads at all. It'll do this for an hour then load a couple of pages instantly only to return rapidly to making me want to throw a brick through my screen.

This is the only site that it happens on for me. I clear my cookies, cache and history regularly - two or three times a week, run scripts regularly and repair permissions.

I'm using OSX 10.6.8

ps. I won't sully my mac with IE to see if that improves matters.

I've just had a play on my windows laptop and whilst the site functions slightly quicker than the interminable slowness on my iMac it still functions slower than any other site.

There's a special box of, rolled on the naked thighs of virgins, cigars in it for you if you can save me the horror of having to phone my ISP, in one of their overseas call centres, at a wallet crunching rate per minute to ask them why the hell one site won't function properly.

Ta ever so in advance