View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #55
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
Soooo..
Wildcat.... michigan huh?

So we are old... lol but remember?

alix dobkin......yahoo australia
Lesbian code...

two nice girls.. birth control and beer

chris williamson ( heard she is going this year, rumor of holly near)

Toshi Regan

and Im thinkin I might just go this year for fun... not work...

Oh yeah.. I like being called a dyke the best... or a lesbian. it used to be an insult but I use it to my advantage and have embraced the term. I have never liked the word queer for some reason .

I would be cool to run into you at fest, WILDCAT!

we could sit around the fire singing old feminist protest songs and womyns folk music and burn other peoples bras, for old times sake....
You know You wanna!

Why Stoney, I figured YOU would respond to my post here, really!

Yes, the original Michigan grounds and at that "Leaping Lesbian" song time, Margie Adams (?) sang that beautiful "UNICORN" song then. Aweeeeeeeee...

ALIX was OUR BOB DYLAN, OUR SISTER leader politcally then. Yes, and she with two other beautuiful, brave and daring women at that time, made the first EVER OUT "lesbian" album. (Lavender Jane Loves Women)

And, Cris Williamson performed during that time. Those were our early performers. Brave that they came out under Olivia records. (WAIT, it was "LADYSLIPPER" FIRST, right and then came Olivia Records!) The first "women for women" music made. Did you get the Ladyslipper catalogue? We could ONLY order our queer music through mail. AND, I had a bumper sticker that said, "TIRED OF TOP 40 MUSIC, TRY WOMYN'S MUSIC", and moved to fucking TEXAS with that bumper sticker on!! LOL

It was a beautiful time. (Thanks AGAIN BULLY for this thread, it feels like "healing" to me at this time here!!) And folks were REAL butchy or femme, it did NOT matter. Many will say that they/we were all adrogynous then - well, that is not exactly correct... HOWEVER, it did "mean" something politically special at the time which ALSO was important and needed to be done and respected. (Needs to be respected today too IMHO.) Like the bra burnings of women, in general - but, today if you wear one you are NOT treated like crap like the women of the feminist movement were - STRAIGHT OR GAY!

No, I don't subcribe to any "fanaticism"... so the current stuff that folks bitch about, does not apply anymore - especially the "horrible lesbians" from the 70's. I was one of them, and I NEVER FELT that way against masculinity in women, etc... And "OUR" loves STILL loved us. To each their own - and all. And we all evolve through time and changes anyway. WHY THE FUCK these discriminations STILL get brought up today, is SO lost and beyond me (well, on a site like this, all inclusive - if it was/is a separatist site, that is different - but, this ISN'T). It's hurtful folks. And if you weren't there during this time... why "judge"? And especially, WHY on earth be negative about "US"?

And if you are separative, you wouldn't be here - I wouldn't imagine. Plus, again, the times have changed. And if you are anti-woman in any way, why be here? This is COMMUNITY, yes?!
___

Anyway, I digress!!! I went to the 30th Ann. of Mich. Fest, Stoney and got to see the changes, the new - and the "FOUNDERS" for us. All were equally respected. Ferron was there. And when one singer came out (Cris Williamson I'm almost certain) from the old days, I went up to a couple from my age group in the back row, and held them both and we sang this old beautiful song of hers, and actually wept. It was a very special time indeed.

And at this 30th, there were trandsgenered folks there, lots of beards, etc... NO ONE FUCKING CARED THAT I noticed... (?) If they "did", that was their issues or whatever... I never heard it brought up!

I don't care where anyone is today. Just hope it's for the right reasons and that folks can find the peace and happiness within theirselves to BE WHO THEY REALLY ARE. But, I will be respected for "what was" and who I am right now. Yes, I've morphed myself, (many times actually), and/but will always stay true to "MY ROOTS"... as many of you do, no matter how you ID today. Thank you for that! Really.

To the trans folks who come from our same backgrounds and lives lived, I LOVE you guys who are still "supportive" and understand. I am competely and totally supportive with YOU as well! Plus, I admire your courage!!

And again, I recognize my own changes with "gender theory" within myself. But, I am going to honor who and what I am, and would appreciate folks respecting who and what I am - AND, folks respecting ALL folks in our community for who and what THEY ARE. (I don't mean "what" as an object here, please do not take me out of context OR be offended - I am a "what" too, in this regards - actually, in MANY REGARDS. SMILE. I am MANY THINGS as a human/spiritual being. I am an emotional human being too! NOT embarrassed to say that!!)
__

So, Stoney, where ya live? We would have fun!!! How's that pacemaker? I SWEAR to goddess, (my butch witch friend) that medical photo of you, post "insert"... why, you look TWENTY years younger!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking I should go and stick a screwdriver in a socket here maybe?????????

Peace and LOVE buddy!!!!

J.

*Oh, did you think I was going to tell you my age here?

**Plus, "OH". Toshi was a little half pint running around at Mich. Fest when her mother was SWEET HONEY AND THE ROCK, rock-ing us (in their loving arms!). "LOVE YOUR MOTHER EARTH, LOVE EACH OTHER, ETC..." And yes, she (Toshi) performed then at the 30th. That was a bit surreal for me. But, Sweet Honey were our MAMA'S there! Behave, get along - or we will knock your sweet and loving heads together ya'll!! SMILE