jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedgrrl View Post
i get that some people want to go to DL, but i don't feel it's appropriate for education, especially when things that are important AND essential to children's growth and development are being cut, like outside time, creative teaching, music and the arts. i feel that the fluffy trips (those that lack substance) should be family trips, not school. the child who comes from a low income family isn't going to miss much by not going to disneyland. hiwever, denied the opportunity to leave their neighborhood and see something of substance (our government in action )or inaction as the case may be) or seeing one of our national forests, could be life changing. i also don't think that DL should in any way be funded by taxpayer money. ...and i've been there, really isn't all that. your $70 (just to get in?? really?? why??) or whatever it is could be spent better elsewhere. jeez you could take a family of four to the local aquarium for that. i want my kid to be out in nature, or learning how our government works, not learning how to buy more ish...she gets enough of that without adding it into the curriculum. it pisses me off that the 8th grade DC trip got cut in favor of GA or 6 flags...sad day for education--end rant
I am all for the students creating ways to raise the money or at least a portion of the money. This will not only ease the burden on parents, but also (hopefully) teach them about working and saving towards something they truly would like to do.

We have 5(4 that lived full time) kids and in no time would $70 have taken us to a local aquarium, zoo, fair, or out to a decent dinner for that fact, but I get what you're saying.

Did anyone see where I talked about kids not being able to use a dictionary, phone book, balance monies, etc? Yes, a said day.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote