View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 02:52 PM   #205
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fans of Batwoman Season 2 Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. on The CW.....

Stacey Abrams emerged as a real-life hero in 2020, both because of her tireless (and successful) efforts to expand access to the ballot box in Georgia, and her devotion to genre television. Social media lost its collective mind when Abrams disclosed that she was a fan of shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural, and the list doesn’t stop there. Speaking with Yahoo Entertainment, incoming Batwoman star Javicia Leslie reveals that Abrams is a big-time Bat-fan as well. “She’s been very supportive,” says the actress, who takes over the cape and cowl in Season 2 from Ruby Rose, after she famously exited the Batcave at the end of the show’s freshman year. “So shout out to Stacey Abrams! I think she’s going to love this season, and I hope we make her proud.” (Watch our video interview above.)

But why should Abrams just watch the show when she could be on the show? Leslie agrees that Abrams should visit Gotham City during the second season, which premieres on Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. on The CW. “Let’s suit her up as a hero,” she says, before switching gears to another, even better pitch. “How about this? Let’s suit her up as an anti-hero! That would be fun. A super-villain: I think we should go through the comics and find one we want to bring to Gotham and go ahead and suit her up. And don’t even reveal it’s her! Go awhile before we take off the mask and see that it’s her.”
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote